Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers in El Paso, Texas
The Cooper Law Firm is a tractor trailer injury lawyer in El Paso, Texas that works with victims and families whose lives have been impacted by truck accidents. The truck industry makes billions of dollars a year. When truck companies or their drivers make errors behind the wheel or fail to obey the rules of the road, innocent people can get hurt. The Cooper Law Firm is a tractor trailer injury lawyer in El Paso, Texas that may be able to assist you and your family in seeking compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering following a truck accident. Truck accident claims can sometimes be more complicated than claims involving passenger vehicles. Not only are truck companies required to hold higher limit insurance policies, but the truck industry is also heavily regulated. Truck drivers and companies are required to follow stricter laws than the average driver. The truck accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm can review the circumstances of your truck accident, evaluate the factors leading to your crash and injuries, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and fight to help you get the settlement you and your family may deserve under the law.
Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer Familiar with Trucking Law in El Paso, Texas
In order to seek damages following a truck accident in El Paso, Texas, you’ll need to show that the truck driver or company was at fault for the crash. In a typical car accident, fault usually stems from a driver’s negligence or when a driver breaks the rules of the road. However, truck companies and drivers are also subject to additional regulations and laws. A truck company or driver could be held liable for an accident if the company or driver violated these laws. When seeking damages for a truck accident claim, having a truck accident lawyer familiar with trucking laws, like the Cooper Law Firm in El Paso, Texas may be able to help. What are some important trucking laws? They include:
- Hours of Service Laws. Truck drivers are required to take regular breaks and have time limits placed on how long they can be behind the wheel in a given day. Fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving, and when truck drivers break hours of service laws, they can put other drivers at risk. The Cooper Law Firm is an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in El Paso, Texas that can review service logs, and shipping schedules to see whether the truck driver responsible for your accident violated hours of service laws.
- Weight Limits. Truck companies and shippers must properly load a truck and must not overload a truck. When companies cut corners to increase profits or when they fail to properly load vehicles, accidents can happen. The semi-truck accident attorney at the Cooper Law Firm in El Paso, Texas can take a close look at the truck company’s shipping and loading practices and also look at police reports and evidence from the crash to determine whether the truck may have been overloaded and this contributed to your accident.
- Trucks need regular maintenance and the regular maintenance of trucks is also regulated by the government. Bad tires, bad brakes, and engine failures can result in catastrophe on the road, especially when you’re talking about an 18-wheeler. The El Paso, Texas semi-truck accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm can review maintenance schedules, look closely at the components of the truck itself, and fight for your rights if poor maintenance resulted in your crash.
- Truck drivers must pass regular medical exams. They also must not take certain types of prescription medications that can impair their ability to drive. If your driver had an undisclosed medical condition that resulted in your truck accident, you and your family may have the right to seek damages for your injuries and losses. The 18-wheeler accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm in El Paso, Texas can investigate your case and fight for your rights if a truck driver wasn’t medically fit to be behind the wheel and this resulted in your truck crash.
- Drugs and Alcohol. It might sound absurd, but truck drivers have also been found guilty of using drugs and alcohol while driving. If you or someone you love was in a crash involving a truck driver who was under the influence, you and your family may have the right to seek damages for your losses. Reach out to the truck accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm in El Paso, Texas today.
In a car accident, usually the only parties involved are the two drivers and their insurers. In the aftermath of a truck accident, multiple parties and stakeholders might be involved. You might be dealing with making a claim from a truck driver, truck company, shipping company, or maintenance company and their insurers. Given that a truck accident claim can have multiple stakeholders and involve complex laws, many individuals who have been seriously injured in a semi-truck accident seek the assistance of a truck accident lawyer. The El Paso, Texas truck accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm are here to help you and your family.
Free Initial Truck Accident Consultation in El Paso, Texas
If you or someone you love was hurt in a truck accident in El Paso, Texas, the truck accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm in El Paso, Texas may be able to help. We offer new clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and offer you an honest assessment of your claim. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Reach out to the Cooper Law Firm today.