If you’ve been seriously injured in a truck accident in Texas, you might be wondering what the insurance claim process is like following an accident involving a commercial truck. You might also wonder whether the settlement being offered by insurance companies is what your claim is worth. If you have become disabled as a result of a truck crash, you might be facing high medical bills and may be facing a long course of rehabilitation ahead. The more serious your injuries might be, the more complex the insurance claim might be. Truck companies are required to have high-limit insurance policies. As claims get higher, however, insurance companies might push back on settlements. Sometimes insurance companies might offer you a settlement that appears high, but if you don’t know what your claim is worth, you may not realize you could be entitled to receive more.
While it is possible to resolve many minor car accident claims without the assistance of a lawyer, if you have been seriously injured, if you believe you are not receiving the claim you might deserve, or if you have questions about what your claim might be worth and the insurance claim process, the Cooper Law Firm is a Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, Paris, and Marshall, Texas truck accident lawyer who may be able to help you. According to USAttorneys.com, an accident lawyer may be able to assist you with some of the challenges of the insurance claim process. What are some of these challenges?
- A truck accident lawyer can estimate the value of your claim. The Cooper Law Firm is a truck accident lawyer in Texas who can review your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages to determine whether the settlement insurance adjusters are offering is fair. Sometimes insurance adjusters use formulas or estimates to determine the value of your settlement and sometimes insurance adjusters may not have all the information they need to accurately estimate your claim. A truck accident lawyer may be able to assist you with this process. For example, the Cooper Law Firm may be able to estimate future medical costs, estimate future rehabilitation costs, and if you have been disabled and cannot work, a truck accident lawyer can also estimate your future lost wages.
- Gather Evidence to Support Your Claim. Providing proper evidence of your damages, medical bills and losses is essential to getting the settlement you may deserve. While you might have documentation of your medical bills and lost wages, do you have documentation to show the estimated future costs you might experience as a result of your accident? A truck accident lawyer like the Cooper Law Firm in Texas may be able to help you put together the evidence you need to support your case and get the settlement you might deserve.
- Negotiate with the Other Insurance Company and Other Parties. Often multiple stakeholders are involved with insurance claims. For example, if your medical insurance covered some of your medical bills, your medical insurance may seek payment from your truck’s insurance company. If another driver was responsible for the accident, your medical insurance may seek compensation from the insurance that covers the commercial driver deemed responsible for your crash. Additionally, if the other driver was at fault for the crash, your auto insurance company may want the other driver’s insurance to pay for losses. A truck accident lawyer can speak to all parties involved and help you get the best possible resolution for your claim, while protecting your interests. After all, if your insurance company has to pay for damages and losses, your car insurance premiums can potentially increase after a crash. But if the truck driver’s insurance is required to pay, you could be shielded from these increases.
- Seek Damages from Other Parties. Insurance policies might have limits. If you have been seriously injured, you might be entitled to seek additional damages from negligent parties and other stakeholders. The Cooper Law Firm is a truck accident law firm in Texas who may be able to assist you with this process.
- A Car Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Handle the Claims Process for You. Don’t want to have to deal with insurance adjusters? Don’t know what your claim is worth? Feel like your car insurance company isn’t offering you the claim you might deserve under the law? An accident lawyer like the Cooper Law Firm in Texas may be able to handle this process so that you can focus on what matters—healing from your injuries. The more money you might be entitled to receive from insurance companies, the more your insurance company might push back on your claim. A lawyer can stand by your side and help you fight to get the settlement you might deserve.
These are just some of the ways that the Cooper Law Firm may be able to assist you when making a claim from your car insurance company. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. If you or someone you love was seriously injured in a car accident in Texas, the Cooper Law Firm may be able to assist you.