If you’ve been in a rear-end collision in Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, Paris, or Marshall, Texas, consider speaking to the rear-end collision car accident attorneys at the Cooper Law Firm today. Rear-end collisions can lead to serious injuries and losses. Unfortunately, these accidents remain fairly common, with the Washington Post reporting that 1.7 million rear-end collisions occur in the U.S. every year.
If you’ve been a victim of a rear-end collision in Texas, you might have important rights under the law. Unlike other car crashes where negligence may be uncertain and may play a significant role in whether a victim can seek a recovery, rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver in the rear. So, if you’ve been rear-ended in Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, or Paris, Texas, you may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties. In the aftermath of a crash, victims might face unexpected medical bills, lost wages due to missed time from work, and major lifestyle changes as a result of disability or injury. You and your family may be entitled to seek compensation from negligent parties or from the negligent party’s insurer if you’ve been hurt. Contact the Cooper Law Firm, rear-end collision car accident attorneys in Texas today. Our firm offers clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your case, estimate your damages, and help you seek compensation from insurance companies or negligent parties.
Common Causes of Rear-End Collisions in Texas
Many rear-end collisions could have been prevented had drivers focused on the road, stopped speeding, put down their cell phones, and obeyed the law. When rear-end collisions occur, the driver in the rear is almost always to blame. Drivers in the rear are required to leave sufficient space between their vehicles and the vehicles in front of them. They are also required to adjust their speed to traffic and road conditions. If you were rear-ended in Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, or Paris, Texas, contact the Cooper Law Firm, rear-end collision car accident lawyers today to protect your rights and to learn more about your options for seeking a recovery. Here are some common causes of rear-end collisions in Texas:
- Tailgating. One of the most common causes of rear-end collisions is tailgating. The faster a car is traveling, the more distance it must leave between the car in front of it. Drivers are always required to leave sufficient space on the road. If you were struck by a tailgating driver in Texas, you may have the right to seek damages from negligent parties. The Cooper Law Firm are rear-end collision lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you.
- Speeding. Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for road conditions can also lead to rear-end collisions. The faster a driver is traveling, the more space he or she will require to reach a complete stop. Higher-speed accidents can also result in more serious injuries. If you have been in a rear-end collision due to speeding, contact the car accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm in Texas today.
- Distracted Driving. When drivers look down to check text messages, answer a call, or change the music on their cell phones, they are not looking at the road. This can lead to serious rear-end accidents in Texas. If you’ve been rear-ended by a distracted driver in Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, or Paris, Texas, contact the Cooper Law Firm, car accident attorneys today.
These are just some of the causes of rear-end collisions. Other causes can include drunk driving, improper lane changes, or failure to yield the right of way. The aftermath of a rear-end collision can leave you and your family struggling to make ends meet and facing high medical bills. The Cooper Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you with your rear-end collision claim.
Injuries Caused by Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions can leave victims suffering from serious and life-altering injuries. Injuries can include whiplash, spinal cord injury, back and neck injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and post-traumatic stress disorder. What are some of the symptoms of these types of injuries and what are the costs associated with these injuries? Here is some information:
- Whiplash. When the head is jostled back and forth in a rear-end collision, individuals can suffer whiplash. Whiplash can heal on its own, but it can also cause victims’ pain. Victims may also miss time from work due to pain. Whiplash symptoms include neck stiffness, soreness, inability to move the neck, and can also include cognitive symptoms like mood changes, sleep problems, memory problems, and depression. Individuals suffering from serious whiplash injuries may require long-term rehabilitation and pain management, which can be costly. The Cooper Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you seek damages to cover you lost wages, medical bills, rehabilitation expenses, and pain and suffering if you are suffering from whiplash following a rear-end collision.
- Spinal cord injuries are among the most serious injuries a victim can suffer in a car accident. When the head is jostled around with enough force, victims can sometimes suffer a broken neck. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury in Texas, the Cooper Law Firm are rear-end collision car accident lawyers in Texas who understand how life-altering injuries can impact families financially and emotionally. Let our firm fight for you.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The emotional impact of a rear-end collision should never be underestimated. Victims may have trouble sleeping, may get flashbacks of their crash, or they may avoid certain situations that remind them of their crash, and they may not want to get behind the wheel or ride in cars. This can seriously impact a person’s life. If you or a loved one is suffering from PTSD following a rear-end collision, the Cooper Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you.
These are just some of the injuries that victims might face after a rear-end collision. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, you may have the rights to seek damages for your losses. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. The Cooper Law Firm are car accident lawyers in Canton, Van Zandt, Mt. Pleasant, Jefferson, or Paris, Texas, who offer clients a free initial consultation during which we can review your claim and help you understand the next steps.