We don’t always think about sprains, strains, and dislocations as serious injuries, but some of these injuries can result in permanent disability, may require weeks of rehabilitation, and can leave victims suffering from serious pain. Even when these injuries don’t result in permanent disability, they can leave victims requiring a long course of rehabilitation. Car and truck accident victims can suffer serious sprains and dislocations as a result of the high impact forces involved in crashes. If you or a loved one suffered this type of injury in an automobile accident in Texas, you and your family may be entitled to seek damages for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and rehabilitation expenses. The Cooper Law Firm are personal injury attorneys in Texas who may be able to help you seek compensation for your losses. Contact our firm today to learn more.
Soft Tissue Injuries Following Car and Truck Crashes in Texas
The soft tissues of the body are also known as the body’s tendons, ligaments, and muscles. While soft tissue injuries generally heal with time, some of these injuries, especially if they occur around a major joint, can be incredibly painful and may require rehabilitation and even surgery. What are some major soft tissue injuries individuals might suffer after an automobile accident, and what are some of the treatment options available?
- Knee Injuries: According to NYU Langone Health, the knee is the largest joint in the body, and it is essential to walking, jumping, crouching, and performing most mobility tasks. Individuals can suffer a knee sprain, which is when the ligaments are stretched or torn, in a car or truck accident. A knee tear can injure the ligaments or cartilage that keeps the knee joint stable. This kind of accident can occur when the knee twists upon impact, and is another injury that can occur in a car accident. There are many different types of knee tears, including ACL, PCL, and meniscal tears, among others. In some cases, individuals might need surgery and a long course of rehabilitation to repair these tears. Others may not be able to walk for some time after this kind of injury. If your life has been seriously impacted by a knee injury in a car or truck accident, contact the Cooper Law Firm, personal injury lawyers in Texas today. Our attorneys may be able to help you seek damages for your medical costs, surgery, and rehabilitation expenses, as well and lost wages and pain and suffering damages.
- Elbow Injuries: When a person puts his or her arms forward during a crash, serious elbow injuries can result. Individuals can suffer elbow dislocations or tears of the ligament or joint. When the elbow is injured in this way, individuals may need a long course of rehabilitation. Research indicates that early movement of the elbow after a dislocation that does not involve a fracture can increase range of motion of the elbow. Elbow injuries are serious because if patients don’t begin to move the elbow right away or fail to perform proper rehabilitation, loss of range of motion can occur. This injury can be temporarily or permanently disabling, depending on the severity of the injury. The Cooper Law Firm are personal injury lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you seek damages to get the proper care you need and deserve following this kind of injury.
- Lower Back Injuries: Muscles and tendons and ligaments hold the spine in place. In a serious car accident, these muscles, tendons, and ligaments can be torn or stretched. Individuals can also sometimes suffer slipped disks as a result of lower back injuries. These injuries can be very painful. In many cases, rehabilitation can help, but rehabilitation can be costly. The Cooper Law Firm are accident lawyers in Texas who may be able to help you seek the rehabilitation you need and deserve, and show you the way to get the compensation you need for this care.
- Whiplash: When the neck is jostled around suddenly, the tendons and ligaments in the neck can be strained, stretched, or torn. The result can be pain and stiffness. Whiplash an impact all areas of a person’s life, so victims should seek medical treatment as soon as symptoms appear.
- Shoulder Injuries: Car accident victims can suffer from dislocated shoulders or other shoulder injuries. Shoulder dislocations can occur when the shoulder is subjected to a sudden blow or major impact force. Individuals who suffer from dislocated shoulders may need to undergo surgery or rehabilitation. This injury can also cause pain and this may need to be managed.
- Wrist Injuries: In a car or truck accident, if a person puts his or her hands forward to prevent impact, he or she can suffer serious wrist injuries. Bike accident victims and pedestrians who are struck by vehicles can often suffer this kind of injury. The hand and wrist are complex parts of the body and major injuries to these structures may require delicate surgery and extensive rehabilitation.
These are just some of the types of soft tissue injuries victims can experience. If you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. The Cooper Law Firm are personal injury lawyers in Texas who can also assist you with getting the right rehabilitation you need, and can assist you with seeking compensation so that you and your loved ones get the care they deserve.
Seek Compensation for Your Injuries Today in Texas
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Texas, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. The Cooper Law Firm are Texas car and truck accident attorneys who offer compassionate and caring counsel to victims and their families. While soft tissue injuries often heal with time, they can be costly to treat and can leave you out of work, unable to perform life tasks for a period of time, and they can be incredibly painful. You and your family may be entitled to seek compensation under the law. Contact the Cooper Law Firm today.