Car Accident Lawyers in Canton, Texas
Every year, families are devastated by car wrecks in Canton, Texas. A car accident can impact all aspects of your life, from your ability to work, your ability to care for your children, to your health and ability to enjoy life. The days and weeks following a serious car wreck can be stressful for survivors and loved ones. However, you have important rights under the law in Canton, Texas. You may be entitled to receive compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages from your auto accident. If you’ve been hurt, you need a car wreck attorney in Canton, Texas on your side. Contact the Cooper Law Firm today to learn more about how to protect your rights and receive the recovery you may deserve.
Car Accident Injuries in Canton, Texas
Car accident injuries can vary in severity, from minor to serious and life-altering. Whatever your injuries, either insurance or the negligent driver may be able to cover medical and recovery expenses. What are common car accident injuries, and what can you do? Here are a few:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Traumatic brain injury is a serious injury that can impact your life after a car accident. According to the Centers for Disease Control, in a given year, as many as 2.5 million people will suffer from traumatic brain injury. The injury can range from mild to severe, yet even mild traumatic brain injury can have an immense impact on a person’s quality of life. For instance, mild traumatic brain injury can interfere with a person’s sleep, ability to concentrate, and moods. Not all traumatic brain injuries are diagnosed in the ER or right after an accident. This is why it is important to follow up with your doctor if you’ve been in a car accident. If you notice any mood, sleeping, or memory difficulties after your crash, you may be suffering from mild traumatic brain injury. More serious traumatic brain injury may require life-long nursing care and other accommodations. If you’ve suffered this injury, an auto accident attorney in Canton, Texas may be able to assist you in getting the recovery you may deserve to pay for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Spinal Cord Injury: According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, a spinal cord injury can result in immense financial challenges for families and survivors. The average yearly costs of the most serious spinal cord injuries can be as high as $1 million dollars in nursing, rehabilitative, and adaptive care. Lifetime costs of spinal cord injury can go into the millions. If you or a loved one has experienced a life-altering injury after being in a car accident, a car wreck lawyer in Canton, Texas may be able to assist you.
- Whiplash. Whiplash can sometimes require a long recovery period and can interfere with a person’s ability to work or to enjoy life. If you experience a stiff neck, suffer from pain, or get headaches after your crash, it may be wise to speak to a doctor. A car accident lawyer may also be able to assist you in getting a recovery to cover lost wages and rehabilitative care.
- Internal Injuries. Internal injuries may require surgery or a long hospital stay. Depending on the kind of injuries you have suffered, you may require long-term care or follow-up care. If you suffered internal injuries after a car accident, an auto accident lawyer may also be able to assist you in Canton, Texas.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is a psychological condition that can develop after a traumatic or stressful event. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, symptoms include, experiencing the event over and over, avoiding situations that remind one of the event, flashbacks, bad dreams, panic attacks, being startled or on edge, anger, trouble sleeping, depression, problems with cognition. If you have been in a car accident and have experienced these symptoms, you may want to seek the help of a medical professional. A car wreck lawyer in Canton, Texas may also be able to assist you in receiving a recovery for your injuries.
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Canton, Texas, it is important to seek proper medical attention. Always seek medical care as soon as possible. Then, consider contacting a car accident attorney in Canton, Texas. The Cooper Law Firm has helped clients facing a range of car wreck injuries. We may be able to help you.
Have You Been Injured in An Auto Accident in Canton, Texas?
Auto accident injuries can affect your ability to work and enjoy life in the way you once did. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, it is important to protect your rights. You may be entitled to receive money to cover your medical expenses, rehabilitative care, and lost wages. If you’ve been hurt in a car wreck, you need an auto accident attorney working on your side. The Cooper Law Firm offers compassionate and caring counsel to auto accident victims and their families in Canton, Texas. Contact us today.
Telephone ; (903) 297-0037
Toll-Free: 1-855-297-HURT (4878