Oilfield Injury Lawyers in Canton, Texas
It is very difficult to calculate the number of oilfield injuries and deaths that occur in the U.S. each year. According to the United States Department of Labor, the most recent data available on oilfield injuries varied. 2,400 injuries were recorded 2003, to as many as 4,200 injury cases in 2007. The actual numbers of people injured in the U.S. may be much higher because reporting is not consistent. According to Mother Jones, there currently exists no systematic method for the federal government to track oilfield deaths, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration doesn’t count some fatalities as oilfield-related deaths.
Oil companies may want to protect their bottom lines, but when this comes at the cost of worker’s safety, someone must be held accountable. If you or a loved one was hurt while on the job in an oilfield in Canton, Texas, consider calling the Cooper Law Firm, an oilfield injury lawyer today. Our firm can review the circumstances of your accident, review your company’s safety policies, and determine whether negligence may have played a role in your accident. It can be daunting to feel like you have to fight a large oil company to receive money to cover your medical costs, pain and suffering damages, and lost wages. The Cooper Law Firm prides itself on putting the interests of the individual first. We fight large companies to protect the rights of families and victims.
Common Causes of Oilfield Injuries
Texas oilfields are booming, but with this boom comes an increased risk to workers on these sites. In some cases, oilfields and companies have neglected safety in an effort to increase their bottom lines and profit. What are some common oilfield injuries, how can they be prevented, and what can you do if you’ve suffered one of these injuries on the job? The Cooper Law Firm is an oilfield injury attorney in Canton, Texas who works closely with families and victims who have been hurt on Texas oilfields. Here are some common injuries oilfield workers may experience:
- Transportation crashes. Oil must be transported both within an oil field and away from the oil field. The roads on an oil field may not be well maintained. Additionally, if you are hired to transport oil on public roadways, your employer may be required to abide by federal trucking laws and laws regarding the transportation of hazardous chemicals. An accident involving the transportation of oil can be especially devastating, because not only must one consider the impact of the hazardous chemicals involved, but individuals may also suffer injuries from the impact of the accident itself. If you’ve been injured in a transportation accident, you may be entitled to receive money to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. You may be able to access your employer’s worker’s compensation insurance, or you may be able to pursue negligent parties if you were involved in an accident with another vehicle.
- Exposure to toxic chemicals. Crude oil itself contains toxic chemicals, but increasingly, the oil industry uses toxic chemicals to extract oil.
- Equipment failure. Oilfield equipment is heavy-duty and can be dangerous. Without proper training, and safety measures, deadly accidents can occur. If you’ve been hurt by the equipment at your place of employment, you may have options under the law. The Cooper Law Firm are oilfield injury attorneys in Canton, Texas who can evaluate the safety practices put in place, and who can also investigate whether equipment manufacturers may be to blame for your accident. We can also investigate the proper use of the equipment to see if misuse may have been a contributing cause to your accident and see if the oilfield may have been using defective equipment.
- Fires and explosions. Oil is a combustible material. If proper safety measures are not put in place, fires and explosions can occur, with devastating injuries to oilfield workers.
There are many ways to prevent injuries on the oilfield and on the job. Wearing proper safety equipment, understanding the proper use of safety gear, and undergoing proper training is one important safeguard that can prevent many accidents. Unfortunately, some employers cut corners by failing to provide proper gear or failing to provide proper safety training to workers. Workers can report any hazards or violations, but sometimes these reports come too late. If you or a loved one was injured in an oilfield, it is important to act quickly. You may only have a limited amount of time to seek damages or money to cover your medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Contact the Cooper Law Firm in Canton, Texas, your oilfield injury lawyer today, and protect your rights. Call us at 903-690-7036.
Common Oilfield Injuries
Oilfield injuries can be serious and devastating. Victims may require weeks or months to recover. Individuals may have to miss time at work and families may suffer financially as a result. What are some common oilfield injuries?
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Eye injuries
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
These injuries can be difficult to treat and may result in permanent disability. Some brain injuries, for example, may not be diagnosed immediately after an accident. This is why victims should be aware of some of the symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury. Symptoms include memory loss, problems sleeping, mood changes, and other difficulties. Burns can be painful and may require a long recovery period. Back and neck injuries can be difficult to treat, and though they don’t have visible symptoms, the invisible pain of these injuries can be disabling.
If you or a loved one is suffering as a result of an oilfield injury, you should contact the Canton, Texas oilfield injury lawyer at the Cooper Law Firm. Our attorneys can review the details of your case, help you with your worker’s compensation claim, or hold negligent parties accountable.
Seek Justice Today in Canton, Texas
The oil industry is a big business in Texas. You don’t have to fight for your rights alone if you’ve been injured on a Texas oilfield. Call the Cooper Law Firm, an oilfield injury lawyer in Canton Texas today at 903-690-7036.