Semi Truck Accident Lawyers in Odessa, Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 512 fatal crashes involving commercial vehicles, including trucks in 2017. Thousands more people suffered serious injuries as a result of truck accidents in Texas in 2017. Truck accidents can be far more serious than typical crashes because of the sheer size of the vehicles involved and because truck companies and drivers are required to abide by far stricter regulations. Truck accident law can be more complex because many stakeholders may be involved, victims’ injuries may be more serious, and truck companies must be investigated to determine whether they followed trucking regulation and local laws. If you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident, consider speaking to the Cooper Law Firm today. Our Odessa Texas truck accident lawyers are qualified to handle truck accident claims, helping you and your family seek the recovery you may deserve under the law.
How Do Truck Accident Claims Differ from Car Accident Claims in Odessa, Texas?
Truck accident claims differ from car accident claims in many ways. The laws that trucks must follow differ from passenger vehicles. Truck companies must have higher insurance policies than passenger vehicles. When victims sue a truck driver or truck company for their injuries, they may not be suing an individual, but rather a multi-state corporation that may have teams of lawyers working on its side. Because of the complex nature of truck accident claims, if you or a loved one was hurt in a truck accident, you want the Cooper Law Firm and its Odessa, Texas semi-truck accident lawyers on your side. Our firm will take the time to understand the circumstances of your claim, investigate the claim, speak to witnesses, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve either inside or outside of court. What are some ways that truck accident claims differ from passenger vehicle claims?
- Insurance policy limits may be higher. Trucks can be deadly in the event of an accident. Victims can suffer disabling and life-altering injuries. Because of the risks, truck companies are required to hold high insurance policies to protect drivers and companies. Some truck insurance policies can be as high as $1 million dollars or more. If you or a loved one has suffered a debilitating injury in a truck crash, the truck company’s insurance may be required to pay for your expenses and losses. However, it can help to have a qualified Odessa Texas semi-truck accident lawyer at the Cooper Law Firm on your side. Our lawyers understand how insurance companies estimate your recovery and can fight to help you get the best possible recovery under the law. For example, insurance adjusters may use computer programs or estimates of damages to determine the losses you have suffered. These estimates may be lower than your actual losses. Don’t settle for less than you may deserve. Speak to the Cooper Law Firm today.
- Truck drivers and companies are required to abide by strict federal and local laws. For example, drivers are required to abide by federal hours of service laws that limit how long the driver can be behind the wheel. Truck companies are regulated in how heavy a load the truck can carry. Truck drivers must pass strict screening when it comes to health and their driving record. Truck companies must also regularly maintain their trucks. Brake failure or a tire blowout on a tractor trailer is much more serious and brings much more consequences than a tire blowout on a passenger vehicle. The Cooper Law Firm are tractor trailer injury lawyers in Odessa, Texas who understand the strict regulations that truck companies must follow. Our firm can review the police reports, speak to witnesses, review a trucker’s log books, shipping and delivery schedules, and even your truck driver’s medical record and driving history to determine whether there may have been any factors that could have contributed to your crash.
- More serious injuries and greater losses. Tractor trailers can weigh tons. When these trucks get into accidents, victims can suffer serious injury or death and cars can be totaled. These accidents also more frequently involve wrongful death claims. You need a tractor trailer accident lawyer in Odessa, Texas like the Cooper Law Firm fighting for your rights.
- More stakeholders. When you are involved in a car accident, usually the only other person at fault is the other driver. Yet, when individuals are hurt in a tractor trailer accident, there may be many stakeholders involved from truck drivers to truck companies to shipping and logistics companies. You need a qualified tractor trailer injury lawyer in Odessa, Texas, like the Cooper Law Firm who understands how the truck industry works and who can fight to hold all responsible parties accountable under the law.
- Truck companies may have teams of lawyers protecting their rights. In a truck accident, the company has a vested interest in protecting its bottom line. These companies may therefore have the ability to hire teams of lawyers to fight your claim. The Cooper Law Firm are truck accident attorneys in Odessa, Texas who understand the unique challenges victims face when they fight a larger company for their damages.
Seeking justice after a truck accident can feel daunting, but it is not impossible to get justice and receive the recovery you may deserve. The Cooper Law Firm are truck accident attorneys in Odessa, Texas who fight for the rights of individuals who have been hurt. Let us protect you. You are not alone.
Protect Your Rights
You may only have a limited amount of time to seek damages following a truck accident in Odessa, Texas. Texas’s statute of limitations laws give you a limited timeline to file a claim. A truck accident lawsuit can take some time because it may involve more investigation and more defendants. Protect yourself. Seek legal counsel as soon as possible. Contact the Cooper Law Firm, a semi-truck accident lawyer in Odessa, Texas today.