Childcare Injury Lawyers in Longview, Texas
Whether you send your children to a daycare, hire a nanny, or have a babysitter care for your children while you work, childcare providers have a responsibility to supervise children at all times, have a duty to put down their cell phones to ensure that a child’s social, emotional, and safety needs are met, and have a responsibility to provide age-appropriate activities and premises that won’t result in injuries. If your children were injured while in the care of a nanny, daycare, or babysitter, you may have the right to seek damages for your children’s injuries. The Cooper Law Firm are childcare injury lawyers in Longview, Texas who may be able to assist you with your children’s personal injury claim.
Types of Childcare Injuries in Longview Texas
The Cooper Law Firm handles a range of childcare injury, abuse, and neglect cases in Longview, Texas. What are some causes and types of childcare injuries? What are signs that the daycare center, nanny, or babysitter might be responsible for your children’s injuries? Here are some of the cases we handle and some signs to watch for:
- Failure to Properly Supervise Children. Daycare workers, nannies, and babysitters have a responsibility to properly supervise the children in their care. This means that daycare workers should put down their phones and watch children while they are playing. When daycares are understaffed, children may not be adequately supervised and can get hurt. If your child was injured while playing in a playground, or was hurt because he or she got into trouble because of inadequate supervision, you may have the right to pursue a lawsuit. When childcare workers properly supervise children, they can also address possible safety hazards in their environment that can cause them harm. Any case where a children slipped, tripped, or fell and got hurt should be investigated for improper supervision.
- Premises Liability. Whether you drop your children off at a preschool, daycare center, or at a person’s private home, childcare workers have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe and free of hazards that could pose a danger to children. Children of different ages have different needs when it comes to hazard prevention. If your child was hurt because hazards, like choking risks, fall risks, or other risks were not addressed, reach out to the childcare injury attorney at the Cooper Law Firm in Longview, Texas.
- It’s unthinkable, but in some cases, children are abused emotionally and physically by daycare workers, nannies, and caretakers. What are some of the signs of physical abuse? If your child shows signs of cuts, bruises, and scrapes, you have the right to ask daycare workers how your child is getting these injuries. While children might suffer minor injuries during play, you know your child best. If the explanation of the injury doesn’t match up with your child’s injury, something might not be right. Abuse may not have any physical signs. But if you notice behavioral changes in your child, such as your child withdrawing suddenly, crying more, or if you see increased aggression, this could be a sign of abuse. Children who have been victims of sexual abuse may exhibit age-inappropriate knowledge of sexual behaviors.
If you believe your child may have been abused or neglected in a daycare setting or while entrusted to a childcare worker, you may have the right to pursue a lawsuit. The Cooper Law Firm is a childcare injury law firm in Longview, Texas who may be able to assist you. Contact us today to learn more.
Has Your Child Suffered an Injury While in Daycare?
It’s a parent’s worst nightmare to learn that his or her child has suffered an injury while in the care of a daycare, preschool, or nanny. Child care workers have a responsibility to prevent accidents, and have a duty to report all accidents that children experience while in their supervision. What are some common injuries that children can suffer while in the care of a daycare, preschool, or nanny? In order to better understand the risks to your child while in daycare, we need to take a close look at the general injury risks that children face in all settings. According to the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, here are some common injuries that children can suffer:
- Infants run the risk of suffocation while they are sleeping, while choking hazards for toddlers should be addressed.
- According to the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, every day, three children drown. If your child’s daycare. preschool has a pool, the center must take steps to prevent accidental drowning. This includes having proper pool gates and locks and properly maintaining the pool.
- Any hazardous chemicals should be kept away from children. Cleaning supplies should be locked away from places where children can access them. When childcare centers, daycare centers, or caretakers fail to take precautions, accidents can happen.
- Falls are among the leading causes of injuries among children under age 19. Playgrounds, stairwells, and even furniture can pose fall hazards. Caretakers have a duty to properly supervise children and prevent fall risks, when possible. Falls can result in spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, and internal injuries—all injuries which can be serious and life-altering, and which may require extensive rehabilitation and medical care.
If your child was injured while in the care of a daycare, nanny, or preschool, you may be entitled to seek damages for your child’s injuries. The Cooper Law Firm is a childcare accident law firm in Longview, Texas that can review your case and help you take the next steps to protect you and your family. Medical care for childcare injuries can be costly. You may have to miss time from work to help your child recover. Contact the childcare accident lawyer at the Cooper Law Firm in Longview, Texas today to learn more.
Seek Justice Today and speak with a Longview Texas Childcare Injury Lawyer
Nothing can be quite as devastating as seeing your child suffer due to an injury. When the injury takes place at a daycare or after you entrusted your child’s care to a childcare worker, the guilt and stress can be immense. Daycare and childcare workers have a responsibility to supervise children and prevent accidents. If a childcare worker’s negligence, neglect, or abuse resulted in your children’s injuries, the Cooper Law Firm are childcare accident lawyers in Longview, Texas who may be able to help you seek damages today. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Act now and learn more about your rights.