Need Help from Paris, Texas Car Accident Lawyers or Attorneys?
Driving is serious business. Even a small error behind the wheel can change a person’s life forever. Serious injuries resulting from car accidents can lead to disability and major lifestyle changes for victims and their families. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2015 alone 17,011 people were seriously injured in car accidents. In Texas, one person is killed approximately every 2 hours, and every 2 minutes a person suffers an injury as a result of a car accident.
Car accidents can occur for a range of reasons. Distracted driving, speeding, drinking and driving, and breaking traffic laws are all contributing factors. If another person’s negligence has resulted your injury, resulting in missed time at work, and pain and suffering, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses under the law. The Cooper Law Firm is a Paris, Texas car accident lawyer who can help you and your family seek the recovery you may deserve. Don’t suffer alone. Contact our auto accident attorneys today.
I’ve Been in a Car Accident—What is my Case Worth in Paris, Texas?
If you’ve been in a car accident in Paris, Texas, you may have a range of questions regarding your case. One of the first questions many victims and families ask is how much their case may be worth. Every case is different and the value of your case will depend on many factors. The Cooper Law Firm are Paris, Texas car wreck attorneys who can examine your case and help you seek the maximum recovery possible under the law. What factors will our firm consider when looking at your case? Here are a few:
- Who is at fault for the accident? Under Texas personal injury law, it is important for your lawyer to establish that you are not 51% or more at fault for the accident. Under Texas’s modified comparative fault laws, individuals cannot collect damages on a personal injury claim if they are 51% or more at fault for an accident. Establishing fault may involve investigation, interviewing witnesses, and reviewing available facts. If you’ve been in a car crash, don’t accept blame. State the facts to police and contact an auto accident attorney as soon as possible. The Cooper Law Firm works hard to gather evidence, review the evidence, and help you build the strongest possible case to assist you in seeking the maximum possible recovery under the law.
- Do you have preexisting conditions? Your lawyer will review your medical expenses and bills in the process of determining the value of your claim. However, it is important that you disclose any prior medical conditions or injuries so that your Paris, Texas car accident lawyer can show the links between your medical care and accident. Your car wreck lawyer may also speak to medical professionals in order to estimate the value of possible future medical costs.
- Can you return to work? Some car accident injuries are so serious that victims are disabled and cannot return to work. In some cases, this disability is temporary and in other instances, it is permanent. Sometimes individuals can return to work, but they need to be re-trained to work in another field. If you have been disabled as a result of your car accident, the Cooper Law Firm are auto accident attorneys in Paris, Texas who can estimate future and past lost wages to help you seek the recovery you may deserve.
- Are you experiencing pain and suffering? Pain and suffering damages are often the most subjective aspect of a personal injury claim, but they are incredibly important. A father who can no longer play catch with his son as a result of a car crash, will suffer immensely. A mother who can no longer care for her children without assistance will experience emotional as well as financial pain. Pain and suffering damages are based on medical expenses that are multiplied by a number that increases when the severity of injuries increases. The more serious and life-altering your injuries, the more you may be able to collect in pain and suffering damages.
- Did you experience property damage? Property damage should also be considered when estimating the value of a recovery. If your car was valuable or if property was damaged in the accident, you may be able to collect a recovery for its value.
Car accidents can impact many aspects of your life—from your financial health, to your long-term emotional and physical well-being. The Cooper Law Firm’s compassionate and caring car accident lawyers are on your side to help you navigate the legal issues that can arise following a car accident. Our firm can thoroughly review your case and help you get the maximum recovery possible under the law. Contact our Paris, Texas car wreck attorneys today.
Protect Yourself After an Accident in Paris, Texas
If you’ve been in a car accident in Paris, Texas, you may have to speak to insurance adjusters and you may wonder whether you can collect damages from negligent parties. The things you do and say after an accident can impact your ability to recover money to cover your losses. You may also only have a limited amount of time to seek a recovery under the law. Contact the car accident lawyers at the Cooper Law Firm as soon as possible. We’ll carefully review your case and help you protect your rights.