Childcare Accident Lawyers in Tyler, Texas
It’s the news no parent ever wants to hear. You get a call from your child’s daycare, preschool, or nanny and learn that your child has been hurt in an accident. If your child has been hurt while entrusted to the care of a daycare, preschool, or nanny, you may have the right to seek damages for your children’s injuries, for the time you may have had to miss from work to care for your child, and for other losses. The Cooper Law Firm is a Tyler, Texas childcare accident law firm that can review your child’s injuries and help you take the next steps to protect your rights. Whether your child’s injuries were accidental, due to improper supervision, or were intentional due to abuse or neglect, you may have rights under the law.
Common Childcare Injuries in Tyler Texas
According to the research journal, Pediatrics, the most common childcare injuries are falls. Falls can lead to serious injuries, including spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, and internal injuries. When children suffer traumatic brain injury or a concussion, the impact of this type of brain injury can affect them for the rest of their lives.
When looking at the risks that affect children when they are in childcare, we also need to consider the common causes of childhood injuries. Whether a child is at a daycare, preschool, or at home, the risks for injury are very similar and often the causes are similar as well. What are some common causes of childhood injuries?
- Children can choke on food, small objects, and toys. Infants can suffocate if they are not put to sleep properly. Daycare workers and childcare workers have a responsibility to remove choking hazards from children’s environment and monitor children while eating to prevent choking.
- According to the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, drowning is the leading cause of death among children under age 4. If your child is at a childcare center or at a home that has a pool, proper preventative measures should be taken to protect your child from drowning. Pools should always be gated and locked to prevent accidental drowning.
- Children can be poisoned if they ingest household chemicals, medicines, and cleaning products. Daycare centers and childcare workers have a responsibility to secure hazardous chemicals to prevent children from ingesting them. If your child has suffered an injury due to ingesting chemicals while being supervised by a childcare worker, the Cooper Law Firm is a childcare injury law firm in Tyler, Texas that can help you seek damages for your child’s medical bills and for time you may have had to miss from work to care for your child.
- Children can fall while playing, can suffer a slip, trip, or fall if premises aren’t properly maintained, and can suffer falls if they are permitted to play on or around furniture. If your child suffers a fall, the Cooper Law Firm is a childcare injury lawyer in Tyler, Texas who may be able to assist you with your claim. We can review the steps that the daycare center took or didn’t take to keep premises safe.
These are just some of the injuries children can suffer while under the supervision of childcare workers or when at a daycare. If your child was hurt due to the negligence or neglect of a childcare worker, you may have the right to seek damages under the law. Contact the Cooper Law Firm, a childcare accident law firm in Tyler, Texas today.
Causes of Childcare Injuries in Tyler Texas
There are many reasons why children can be injured while at a daycare, preschool, or while under the supervision of a nanny. Negligence and neglect can lead to childcare injuries, as can instances of abuse. What are some causes of childcare injuries?
- Failure to Supervise Children. Childcare workers have a duty to properly supervise children to prevent falls and injuries. Unsupervised children can fall, or get hurt in other ways. Sometimes children are not supervised because childcare workers are distracted on their cell phones. Other times children are not adequately supervised because childcare centers don’t have adequate staff. Childcare centers have a responsibility to provide adequate staff-to-children ratios, and these ratios will depend on the age of the children being supervised. If your child was hurt because of improper supervision, you may have the right to seek damages for your child’s injuries. The childcare injury lawyer at the Cooper Law Firm in Tyler, Texas may be able to assist you.
- Premises Liability. Childcare centers and individuals who care for children in their private homes have a responsibility to keep premises safe for the children that are entrusted in their care. Fall hazards, choking hazards, and poisoning hazards should each be addressed. If unsafe premises resulted in your children’s injuries, you may have the right to pursue a lawsuit.
- Sometimes the unthinkable happens and children are abused by childcare workers. If you suspect that your child might be suffering abuse, it is important to report the situation right away. What are some signs of abuse? Unexplained bruises or injuries, emotional changes in your child, and any statement your child makes about abuse should be addressed. Hitting or corporeal punishment should not be used in daycare, preschool, or childcare settings. The Cooper Law Firm are Tyler, Texas childcare injury lawyers who may be able to help you pursue a claim if your child was abused by a childcare worker.
These are just some of the causes of injuries children might sustain when entrusted to childcare centers, daycare centers, preschools, or nannies. If your child has suffered an injury, you may be struggling to make sense of the next steps you should take. The Cooper Law Firm is Tyler, Texas childcare accident law firm that can help you pursue a claim against the daycare center, preschool, or from the childcare worker responsible for your child’s injuries. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim. Contact the Cooper Law Firm today to learn more.